The Objects of the League mandate that we are always educating ourselves on the changes in our world, through work in our schools, through Development and Peace, and resolutions and legislation passed in our country. Following is a list of projects that the CWL members have sponsored or participated in during the past year.
- WRAP Campaign (White Ribbons Against Pornography) &mdash' White ribbons are distributed to parishioners; signatures are collected and sent to the Prime Minister's Office. Donations are sent to the Pornography Hurts Bus Campaign.
- Angel Tree — "Angels" are put on a tree before Christmas for parishioners to select and angel, then buy an appropriate gift. Gifts are returned a few weeks later and placed under the tree. They are delivered to local families as well as the charitable organizations such as The Good Shepherd, Martha House, St. Martin's Manor, Brennan House, and the Catholic Children's Aid Society. Over 300 gifts were given.
- Stockings — Small Christmas stockings made by the ladies are handed out at the first of the year to be filled with change. These stockings are returned before Christmas. Over $900 is collected and used for food hampers, and some of the money is sent to Out of the Cold Program.
- Needy Families — Five families from the two local Catholic schools are provided with food and vouchers.
- Each year we present one student from St. Luke's elementary school and one from Bishop Ryan High School the Christian Attitude Award.
- Communicants are given pins and the Confirmed receive crosses from the CWL.
- A "Friendship Group" — a group of senior "friends" meets Wednesday afternoons from 1-3 p.m. in the Parish Centre. This is a social afternoon. The group does projects to give to various charities.