The St. Luke's Council 10956 was founded in 1992. Originally, the Council included members from the Assumption Parish, but in 2002 they went on their own. The Knights provide funds for various projects, with members being active participants in both their parish and community.
Our meetings are the fourth Tuesday of each month (September to June), in the Upper Room, beginning with Mass at 7:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE for even more information about the Knights of Columbus.
All Catholic gentlemen, over the age 18 and who attend Mass regularly, are eligible and encouraged to join the Knights of Columbus. Becoming a member not only is an honour but there are also many benefits. For more information, please call our Grand Knight, Gerard Nelligan at 905-578-2376.
To join, come out to our monthly meeting on the fourth Tuesday of every month, applications are available from any member of the Knights, or call the church during office hours at 905-560-1551 for more information.
We believe that our main purpose is to serve our parish community. During the past few years many physical and spiritual programs have been established. The following is a list of the new and old for our parish.
- MAINTENANCE PROGRAM – In early spring a team of Knights cleans up the church grounds of winter debris and plant flowers. Then every Saturday morning a team of Knights will spend several hours tending the flowers, trimming shrubs, and doing outside maintenance and small projects.
- FUNERAL VISITATIONS – When a parish member passes away, several Knights visit the Funeral Home to pay their respects on behalf of the Council membership and to present a Mass Card to the family.
- VISITATION OF THE SICK – When we are told that a member of our parish community is sick we visit them, send a get well card, or both.
- ROSARIES – When the children of this parish receive their First Holy Communion, we present them with a Rosary.
- MASSES – Four times a year the Knights request that Masses be celebrated for the intentions of all the deceased members and their families.
- CONGRATULATION CARDS – When we learn about them, we formally acknowledge couples in our parish community who celebrate their 25th, 40th or 50th Wedding Anniversaries.
- CHILDREN CHRISTMAS PARTY – Each year the Knights sponsor a Christmas Party for the children of our council members.
- DEVOTION TO OUT BLESSED MOTHER – Together with the CWL, in May and October, months of special devotion to our Blessed Mother, a group of members pray the Rosary before all weekend Masses.
The Knights are also in projects outside of our parish.
- CAR RAFFLE – This is the major fundraiser for Ontario Knights each spring, with most of the proceeds going to the Arthritis Society. With our portion of the proceeds we support other charitable organizations. In 2006 we supported, the Cancer Assistant Program, St. Peterís Seminary, Bishop Tonnos Charities, and St. Martinís Manor.
- ANNUAL BISHOPíS BALL – Along with all other Councils we help and support the Annual Bishopís Ball to benefit local Charities.
- ROSES FOR LIFE – Every year on Motherís Day the Knights sell Roses to support and promote the Right to Life Campaign.