send your comments
Minutes – March 8, 2018
Fr. Jerry Punnassery
Mary Ann Ciprietti
- Mary Ann called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. Father Jerry opened with a prayer.
- Bank Balance/Reduction of Debt
- As of March 8 was -$38,560.
- Bell Tower
- Repairs stalled due to weather. Materials have been ordered. Bells are not working at the moment.
- Year-end Statement
- Year-end financial statement will be in the bulletin March 17-18.
- The collection counters are now using a computer to complete the counting of collections. Has worked out very well; greater accuracy and efficiency.
- The Council decided on “Big Box of Cards” as a spring fundraiser. Anna B. will coordinate when she returns from holidays in early April which will be in time for Mother’s Day. The parish would purchase a case of 10 boxes for $22 each and then sell a box for $33; each card in the box would cost $1.
- Parish Life — Anna B
- Heralds of the Gospel Family Icon – No changes to report.
Friendship Group – Will be ending in June to break for the summer.
Respite Care – Frances Johnstone passed away in February.
Social Committee – Nothing to report.
St. Luke Travel Group – Trip to Niagara Falls in May.
Spiritual Events of the Parish – Our parish hosts a Marian cenacle every 4th Sunday of the month at 3 pm with Father Andrew Goodwin. Our parish Lenten Mission will be March 13-15; Fr. Michael King will be here the 14th and 15th, and we will have priests here to hear Confessions in Polish and Italian. The Novena to St. Joseph begins March 10; Feast of St. Joseph is March 19.
- Parish Ministries — Denise
- Altar Decorations – Eater decorations are being planned. Palms and decorations for Palm Sunday have been ordered.
Altar Servers/Lectors/Eucharistic Ministers – We have a new lector who will begin to read at evening Masses. We are still hopeful to have the Chancery hold their Lector and Eucharistic Minister training workshops here at the parish.
Baptismal Team – No changes to report.
Bereavement Team – No changes to report.
Choirs – We have a new Cantor.
Volunteer Screening Committee – No changes to report.
- Social Justice — Dave
- Development and Peace – Share Lent collection is March 17-18.
Chalice – Contributions are consistent.
Food Pantry – Continues to be well-stocked.
- Education — Anna W
- Bishop Ryan – The Bishop Ryan Drama class will be at the parish Friday March 23 for a tableau presentation of the Stations of the Cross. Details coming soon.
- Youth and Family — Nancy
Boys and Girls Groups – There was no strong response to the presentation of the Conquest and Challenges boys and girls clubs. Father Jerry would like the parish to offer a program in the summer for the children of the parish. Other ideas were discussed such as a Youth Mass or a movie night.
- Catholic Women's League — Enza
- Report is attached.
- Knights of Columbus — Jerry
- Tickets for the annual car raffle will be sold in April.
Jerry will speak to Lori Graf to coordinate a parish May Crowning at the 11 am Mass on Sunday May 6.
- Rental of Hinsperger Centre – there have been 8 rentals so far with approximately $1,900 profit to the parish.
- Easter schedule in bulletin this weekend – the schedule will also include the Divine Mercy schedule.
- Completion of term for Carlo and Dave ndash; also the Youth & Family Portfolio will need a representative as Nancy has stepped down. Members were asked to approach anyone they feel would be a good addition to the Council. Nomination forms will be in the bulletin in April.
- The final meeting of the 2017-18 Council will be a pot-luck dinner meeting Wednesday May 16 at 5:30 pm in the Hinsperger Centre. This meeting will be for the 2017-18 members as well as the new members who will sit on the Council for the 2018-19 term.
Conclusion and Next Meeting
- Next meeting of the Parish Council is May 16 at 5:30.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm and Father closed with a prayer.
top of page | Parish Council | Home